The Glover family includes one very hardworking dad, Marty. And a SUPER multi-tasking mom, Allison. Also the sweetheart, Madeline. And the athletic kid Austin. And our "little monkeys," Morgan and Aidan.

Morgan Brooke

Morgan Brooke
Morgan is our happy, and funny girl! This picture was at The Ugly Duckling play. She was a bubbly, star in the show! She has such an outgoing personality, and is a good friend. She is enjoying her hip hop class, and her Activity Days. Morgan's latest art fad, is making boon doggle key chains and bracelets. She is an artist and a reader. The friend in the picture is, Marisol. They are good buds!

Aidan Mackay

Aidan Mackay
Hello world! Aidan is six years old. He enjoys kindergarten, bike riding, and his friends. He was so excited the other day as he shouted "woo hoo, I just beat all the levels on the Ninja Turtle Wii game!" Aidan is the sweetest little guy. He has a close bond with his dad, and his big brother Austin. He is a great helper, friend and cousin. Doesn't he look handsome with his new glasses?

Dad/Grandpa Mack... (Hyrum Mack Patten)

Dad/Grandpa Mack... (Hyrum Mack Patten)
I have been missing my dad alot lately. He loved the springtime. The winter months were always hard for him, but as soon as the birds, trees and flowers started to bloom he cheered up. I can not believe it has been 13 months. We love you, Dad! Some of the sweet memories and thoughts I have of dad: Loved to read, cook and garden... Nature and classical music... Singing primary songs, playing the piano, German language, and love of the Arts. I am so thankful to have had such a wonderful influence growing up.

Cookies....(Marci's recipe)

Cookies....(Marci's recipe)
Whenever I bring these cookies to parties, they are a big hit! We made some today, and Aidan took a big bite followed by a long "yummm!" Don't they look yummy? I have a friend that is an amazing cookie baker. I always use her recipe. They are little bites of heaven! I will be sure to add pictures of her "little bites" another time... they are all delicious!

Sweet weekend!

It is springtime! Although another snow storm is on the way... the tulips are close to peeking out and the grass is starting to turn its sweet color. We can not wait! This next spring snow storm should melt quickly and we can enjoy the fresh spring air. Last week, I pruned the rose bushes. I love roses! We enjoy clipping them and bring them in our house for the whole summer. So thankful for a friend that taught me the correct way to trim my roses!



I love roses!

I love roses!
My love for roses was inherited from my Grandma Jones. She is turning 99 this year! Growing up, I spent 90% of my weekends with Grandma and Grandpa Jones in Salt Lake City. I would ride the bus to the downtown ZCMI center and they would meet me at the bus stop. Lunch at Woolworth's lunch counter and then a fun weekend at their house. Gardening, scarecrow building, playing hot box with grandpa, coloring Easter eggs, and making homemade Christmas ornaments are just a few of my cherished memories of those sweet moments growing up.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break! Weekend of Dragons, colored eggs, and chocolate bunnies...

Wow! Aidan has not stopped talking about the movie How to Train Your Dragon! He loved it. It was a very clever flick with sword fighting, fire breathing dragons,and pretty cool animation. The main charachter was named Hiccup and he was so cute!
Madeline just finished helping to get the dye ready for the kids. She is gonna be such a good mom someday. She is helping Morgan and Aidan make their eggs a work of art. The Easter Bunny will be leaving way too much candy and chocolate bunnies tomorrow. But I can't wait to see their faces as they hunt and devour!
Marty has been on duty for four days straight. It will be nice to have him home for Easter Sunday. Austin has been absent the last couple days. He seems to want to be with his friends around the clock. He comes home occasionally for sleep, showers and food! He will not have so much down time when basketball starts up again next week.
I am enjoying a break from my own homework and work schedule. I love this time of year when the snow starts to melt and the colors and sounds of spring start to come alive. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment